Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Safari4u Global Vet Experience carefully before submitting your online application. By clicking ‘I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions’ on the online application form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Application: Submit an online application at www.safari4uvet.com.
2. Program Acceptance: Your regional Volunteer Coordinator will contact you within two (2) business days to confirm your session details. If the session you have applied for still has availability, you will receive a Program Acceptance letter.
3. Deposit Payment: Your Program Acceptance letter will contain a link to our Payment Portal. A refundable* deposit is required to hold your spot in the session(s) you’ve applied for. You will receive a Payment Confirmation email when your deposit has been received.
4. Booking Confirmation: When your deposit has been processed, your Volunteer Coordinator will send you information about flights, visas, vaccinations, our volunteer Facebook group, and your remaining balance.
5. Flight Booking: When your flights have been booked, please send us your flight itinerary**. When your arrival and departure information is confirmed, your Volunteer Coordinator will schedule your airport transfers.
6. Balance Payment: Your Booking Confirmation letter will contain a link to our Payment Portal. The balance of your program fee is due 30 days before arrival. You will receive a Payment Confirmation email when your balance has been received.
7. Pre-departure: One month before your scheduled arrival date, your Volunteer Coordinator will send you a pre-departure pack with information about currency exchange, what to expect on arrival, an in-country emergency phone number, a suggested packing list, and a weekend activities sheet with prices.
* See our Cancellation & Refund Policy below.
** If you book through our STA Travel partners, they’ll send us your flight itinerary so you don’t have to.
Meals & Dietary Requirements
All meals are included in the Program Fee. Volunteers must notify GVE of any special dietary requirements so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
Flights & Visas
Once your booking is confirmed, our STA Travel representative will contact you to start planning your trip. If you book flights through a different website or agency, please send us the date, time, and flight number of arriving and departing flights so that we can arrange your airport transfers.
Airport transfers are included in the Program Fee and arranged by GVE on your scheduled arrival and departure dates. Transfers may be arranged on other days of the week for a small fuel fee of $20 USD, plus $15 USD per night for early arrivals and late departures.
All volunteers are responsible for ensuring that their passport is up to date and valid for travel. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 1 month after departure and with one blank page (two if a visa is required). Citizens of the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and many other countries receive an automatic 90-day visitor permit for free upon arrival in South Africa. If you’re not a citizen of one of these countries, you must check the visa requirements for your country prior to departure; please visit this page to check if you need to apply for a visa prior to entry. If you require a visa, please let us know at least 60 days before your arrival date so that we can arrange the necessary documents.
GVE recommends that all volunteers secure medical insurance for the duration of their program. If you have a domestic insurance policy, you must ensure that it includes overseas coverage. If you do not have medical insurance that includes overseas coverage, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
A deposit is required to hold your spot in the session(s) you have applied for. This deposit is refundable until 30 days before your scheduled arrival date and is part of the total Program Fee.
Your remaining balance is due 30 days before your scheduled arrival date. If the full Program Fee is not received 30 days before your arrival date, you may be considered for cancellation (unless prior arrangements have been made with GVE).
Cancellation fees are as follows:
|Up to 30 days prior to arrival: Full Program Fee (including program deposit)|
|29 days to 22 days prior to arrival: 50% Program Fee|
|21 days to 14 days prior to arrival: 25% Program Fee|
|13 days or less prior to arrival: 0% Program Fee|
Every reasonable effort will be made to operate the program as planned; however, should unforeseen events and conditions require our itinerary to be altered or canceled, GVE reserves the right to do so for the safety and best interest of our volunteers. If such issues arise and GVE is forced to cancel one or more weeks, a full refund will be issued.
GVE reserves the right to use any photos or videos posted on the Safari4u Global Vet Experience (GVE) Facebook page for promotional purposes.